What is Larger Than Life - Director's Cut?
It’s a game about the Pulps. That means Lost Worlds, intrepid Archaeologists, Cliffhangers, and more. The setting may be exotic, the villains particularly villainous, but in truth, it’s all about the Story. Whether it’s finding treasure, saving someone, or thwarting the villain, it all boils down to the Story.
Larger Than Life – Directors Cut, can be likened to an action movie where your Hero moves from Scene to Scene trying to succeed in his adventure. What needs to be done? How do you do it? Who’s in peril? Who’s behind all this? All these things and more are generated for you by the easy to use game mechanics. Inside Larger Than Life – Director’s Cut you’ll find:
• A variety of characters for you to play with and against. Stars, Co-Stars, Love Interests, Femme Fatales, and of course, the villains – we call them the Big Bads.
• Over 35 Attributes that you can mix and match to make your characters unique.
• A system that allows your characters to increase in skills and abilities when they succeed, but force them into “retirement” when they fail.
• An easy to use mechanic that will generate and solve Clues, during each Story, based on your characters abilities. Solve the Clues and you make it to the Final Scene.
• Nine different villains to fight, from Mob Bosses to Cavemen, and everything in between.
• Four different Locales to adventure in. From the back alleys of a large Metropolis, to the villages in a Lost World, your Hero can travel from place to place, all generated by the game mechanics.
• Over fifty Professions to create Victims, Suspects, and People of Interest and enrich your Story.
• Mechanics that generate hundreds of possible adventures, with no two ever being alike.
• Playable solo, cooperatively, or head to head.
“Give me the diamond!” Gimez repeated, as he pointed his pistol. “I will give you till three, then I shoot you both!”
“One!” M’tawbe could feel the axe coming loose.
“Two!” Dario measured the distance to his gun and looked at Gimez.
“Three!” Gimez took aim and …
Will our hard boiled Hero reach his gun in time or end up scrambled on the cave floor? Will Gimez really shoot? Can M’tawbe free his axe in time? And what about Lil? All these questions and more will be answered in the next Scene of …
LARGER THAN LIFE - DIRECTOR’S CUT